Here is a quick mnemonic “TWICE CRN” to remember the main facts about Traumatic Vertebral Fractures.
This will be quite valuable for patients as well as medical doctors, nurses & students doing their clinical rounds. You can also find it very useful for med exams like USMLE, NEET PG, FMGE, NExT & NCLEX exams
Traumatic vertebral fractures are a type of injury to the spine that occurs when one or more vertebrae are fractured or broken due to a significant force or trauma to the spine. This type of injury is commonly seen in car accidents, falls, sports injuries, and other high-impact events.
Traumatic Vertebral Fractures : How To Remember Easily ?
- T: Traumatic vertebral fractures
- W: Wedging or compression of lumbar vertebral bodies
- I: Injuries from falls, deceleration, or direct impact
- C: CT scans for detecting associated vertebral fractures
- E: Early surgical treatment for neurologic impairment
- C: Caution in excluding older patients from spine imaging
- R: Rules to avoid unnecessary spine imaging in low-risk trauma
- N: Neurologic impairment is common
Mnemonic : TWICE CRN