Here is a quick mnemonic/memory aid “SUPERIOR LABIAL“ to remember about Superior Labial Artery important facts
Mnemonic : SUPERIOR LABIAL
S – Superior Labial Artery arises from the facial artery.
U – Upper lip receives blood supply from this artery.
P – Palatine branches may also be involved in blood supply.
E – Extends along the upper lip’s vermilion border.
R – Runs parallel to the upper lip’s midline.
I – Important for supplying blood to the upper lip region.
O – Originates near the angle of the mouth.
R – Receives blood from anastomoses with other facial arteries.
L – Labial branches provide nourishment to the upper lip.
A – Anastomoses with the contralateral superior labial artery.
B – Branches into smaller vessels to reach various lip structures.
I – Innervated by branches of the facial nerve.
A – Artery’s primary function is to provide oxygen and nutrients to the upper lip.
L – Lips play a crucial role in speech, eating, and facial expressions.
- “Gray’s Anatomy” by Henry Gray 📖 502
- “Atlas of Human Anatomy” by Frank H. Netter 📖 326
- “Essential Clinical Anatomy” by Keith L. Moore 📖 188
- “Clinically Oriented Anatomy” by Keith L. Moore 📖 415
- “Anatomy: A Photographic Atlas” by Johannes W. Rohen 📖 254
- “Grant’s Atlas of Anatomy” by Anne M.R. Agur 📖 289
- “Sobotta Atlas of Anatomy” by Friedrich Paulsen 📖 341
- “Textbook of Anatomy and Physiology” by Gary A. Thibodeau 📖 173