The mnemonic “SPINAL” will definitely help you in remembering the most important features of Spondylosis very easily
To help you to recall better we have used related words that are very close to the actual disease itself, thus helping you to relate well
Spondylosis refers to a degenerative condition that affects the spine. It is used to describe age-related changes in the spine that can lead to pain and discomfort. Specifically, spondylosis involves the wear and tear of the spinal discs, the small cushions that act as shock absorbers between the vertebrae.
Spondylosis Important Facts : How To Remember Easily ?
- S – Spondylosis, or osteoarthritic spine disease
- P – Primarily involves the cervical and lumbosacral spine
- I – Increase in back pain with movement, associated with stiffness
- N – Not straightforward relationship between clinical symptoms and radiologic findings
- A – Asymptomatic patients may have prominent degenerative spine disease
- L – Ligamentum flavum, osteophytes, combined disk-osteophytes may cause or contribute to stenosis
Mnemonic : SPINAL