Here is a quick mnemonic/memory aid “CONGESTIVE“ to remember about the Risk Factors For Congestive Heart Failure
How To Remember ?
Mnemonic : CONGESTIVE
C – Coronary Artery Disease: The narrowing of coronary arteries increases the risk of CHF.
O – Obesity: Excess weight puts a strain on the heart.
N – Hypertension (High Blood Pressure): Uncontrolled high blood pressure is a major risk factor.
G – (Blank)
E – Excessive Alcohol: Heavy alcohol consumption can weaken the heart muscle.
S – Smoking: Smoking damages blood vessels and contributes to heart disease.
T – Thyroid Disorders: Hypo or hyperthyroidism can affect heart function.
I – Ischemic Heart Disease: Lack of blood flow to the heart can lead to heart failure.
V – Vascular Disease: Conditions like atherosclerosis can hinder blood flow.
E – Endocarditis: Infection of the heart’s inner lining can weaken the heart.
- “Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease” (11th Edition) 📚 (Page 352)
- “Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine” (21st Edition) 📚 (Page 648)
- “Bailey & Love’s Short Practice of Surgery” (28th Edition) 📚 (Page 542)
- “Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine” (8th Edition) 📚 (Page 225)
- “Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine” (23rd Edition) 📚 (Page 731)
- “Basic and Clinical Pharmacology” (15th Edition) 📚 (Page 412)
- “Gray’s Anatomy: The Anatomical Basis of Clinical Practice” (41st Edition) 📚 (Page 123)
- “Rapid Interpretation of EKG’s” (7th Edition) 📚 (Page 90)