This mnemonic “MOREL-LAVE” can help medical and nursing students remember the essential clinical characteristics of a Morel-Lavallee lesion.
They can more quickly recognise and diagnose this condition in patients who have experienced a traumatic injury by utilising this instrument, which can help to guarantee proper management and treatment.
A Morel-Lavallee lesion is a type of closed degloving injury that develops when the skin and subcutaneous tissue are abruptly torn away from the fascia beneath, causing a space to fill with fluid and/or blood.
Morel-Lavallee Lesion : How To Remember For Exams ?
- M – Massive shearing force causes the lesion
- O – Occurs due to separation of skin and subcutaneous tissue from the underlying fascia
- R – Results in a closed degloving injury
- E – Extravasation of lymph, blood, and other fluids can accumulate in the lesion
- L – Lesion commonly occurs in the hip, thigh, and pelvis regions
- L – Lacerations or fractures can be associated with the lesion
- A – Abscess formation or infection can complicate the lesion
- V – Vigilant monitoring is important as delayed diagnosis and treatment can result in complications and poor outcomes
- E – Early recognition and intervention can lead to successful management and resolution of the lesion.
Back Pain Mnemonics Body Temperature & Fever Mnemonics Bone Mnemonics Chest Pain Mnemonics Diseases & Conditions Mnemonics Dizziness Vertigo Mnemonics Fatigue Mnemonics Gastrointestinal Mnemonics Headache Mnemonics Hematology Mnemonics Lesions Mnemonics Neck Pain Mnemonic Osteomyelitis Mnemonics Pain Mnemonics Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacodynamics Mnemonics Physical Examination Mnemonics Rash Mnemonics Signs & Symptoms Mnemonics Skin Disorders/Conditions Mnemonics Syncope Mnemonics
Dr. Arin Nandi
Passionate About Medical Science & Helping Future Doctors Achieve Top Ranks In Medical Exams. He is professionally a dentist as well as a public health expert from JIPMER working in govt.health department