Liver scarring and failure due to long-term liver damage can result from various causes.
Common causes include hepatitis and heavy alcohol consumption over time. Cirrhosis causes irreversible liver damage, but further damage can be mitigated. (Source)
How To Remember Causes of Hepatic Cirrhosis
Causes of Hepatic Cirrhosis
- Hemochromatosis (primary)
- Enzyme deficiency (alpha-1-anti-trypsin)
- Post hepatic (infection + drug induced)
- Indian childhood (galactosemia)
- Cardiac/ Cholestatic (biliary)/ Cancer/Copper (Wilson’s)
Mnemonic: “HEPATIC “
Mind Map / Concept Map /Memory Aid/ Mnemonic To Remember Causes of Hepatic Cirrhosis
Remember this for your NExT Medical Exit Test exam & USMLE, Pre-Med, NCLEX exams.