Here is a quick mnemonic/memory aid “DRUMMOND“ to remember about Marginal Artery of Drummond important facts.
- 📕 “🩺 Atlas of Human Anatomy”
- 📗 “🧠 Gray’s Anatomy”
- 📘 “🔬 Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology”
- 📙 “🦴 Netter’s Atlas of Human Anatomy”
- 📔 “💡 Bates’ Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking”
- 📒 “🩸 Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease”
- 📓 “🌡 Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine”
- 📚 “🌿 The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy”
Marginal Artery of Drummond : How To Remember Easily ?
D – Drummond’s Location: The Marginal Artery of Drummond is found in the mesentery of the small intestine.
R – Right-Sided: It primarily supplies blood to the right side of the colon.
U – Upper Colon: It specifically nourishes the upper part of the colon, including the ascending colon.
M – Marginal Artery: This artery is also known as the “Marginal Artery of Drummond.”
M – Multiple Anastomoses: It forms multiple anastomoses with other arteries in the mesentery.
O – Origin: The Marginal Artery of Drummond originates from the superior mesenteric artery (SMA).
N – Nourishment: It plays a vital role in supplying blood and nutrients to the intestinal segments it serves.
D – Descending Colon: While it primarily supplies the upper colon, it also has some branches that nourish the descending colon.
Mnemonic : DRUMMOND