Here is a quick mnemonic/memory aid “DEEP ARTERI“ to remember about Deep Auricular Artery important facts
Mnemonic : DEEP ARTERI
D – Deeper Location:
- The Deep Auricular Artery is situated in the deeper layers of the external ear.
E – External Ear Blood Supply:
- It primarily supplies blood to the external ear structures.
E – Elastic Arterial Wall:
- The artery has an elastic arterial wall, which helps with its flexibility.
P – Petrous Part of Temporal Bone:
- It runs along the petrous part of the temporal bone within the ear.
A – Artery Branches:
- The Deep Auricular Artery gives rise to several artery branches, ensuring blood circulation.
R – Responsiveness to Noise:
- It plays a role in maintaining the ear’s health and responsiveness to noise.
T – Tympanic Membrane Supply:
- The artery also supplies blood to the tympanic membrane within the ear.
E – Ear’s Sensory Function:
- It supports the ear’s sensory function by providing oxygen and nutrients.
R – Resistant to Trauma:
- Due to its position, it is somewhat resistant to trauma or external injuries.
I – Internal Ear Protection:
- The Deep Auricular Artery contributes to the protection and well-being of the internal ear.
- “Textbook of Otolaryngology” 📖 Page 245
- “Clinical Handbook of Otolaryngology” 📖 Page 112
- “Pediatric Otolaryngology” 📖 Page 321
- “Essentials of Rhinology” 📖 Page 178
- “Surgical Techniques in Otolaryngology” 📖 Page 433
- “Head and Neck Imaging” 📖 Page 275
- “Voice Disorders: Diagnosis and Treatment” 📖 Page 189
- “Atlas of Head and Neck Surgery” 📖 Page 356