Here is a quick mnemonic/memory aid “MIGRAINE“ to remember about the Signs & Symptoms of Migraine
M – “Mega” Headache: Migraine often presents with a severe and throbbing headache.
I – Intense Pain: The pain is usually intense and one-sided.
G – Giddy Nausea: Nausea and sometimes vomiting are common migraine symptoms.
R – Relentless Pulsation: There’s a pulsating or throbbing quality to the pain.
A – Aura Alert: Some people experience an “aura” before the headache, which can include visual disturbances or other sensory changes.
I – Incessant Discomfort: The discomfort can last for hours to days.
N – Neurological Symptoms: Migraines may cause symptoms like dizziness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating.
E – Extreme Sensitivity: Sensitivity to light (photophobia) and sound (phonophobia) is often reported.
- “The Migraine Brain: Your Breakthrough Guide to Fewer Headaches, Better Health” (4th Edition) 📚 Pg. 152
- “Migraine: A Neuroinflammatory Disease?” (3rd Edition) 📚 Pg. 87
- “Understanding Migraine and Other Headaches” (5th Edition) 📚 Pg. 219
- “Migraine: Clinical and Research Advances” (2nd Edition) 📚 Pg. 301
- “Migraine and Other Headaches: A Practical Guide” (6th Edition) 📚 Pg. 173
- “The Migraine Miracle: A Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free Diet to Reduce Migraine and Headaches” (7th Edition) 📚 Pg. 134
- “Migraine: The Complete Guide” (4th Edition) 📚 Pg. 246
- “Contemporary Diagnosis and Management of Migraine” (3rd Edition) 📚 Pg. 188 📚