Here is a quick mnemonic/memory aid “MARVEL MIGRANE“ to remember about the Predisposing Factors of Migraine
M – Medications: Some medications can trigger migraines, like birth control pills and nitroglycerin.
A – Alcohol: Excessive alcohol consumption can be a predisposing factor for migraines.
R – Refined Sugars: Diets high in Refined sugars can contribute to migraine risk.
V – Vascular Issues: Conditions like Vascular malformations or hypertension can predispose individuals to migraines.
E – Emotional Stress: High levels of Emotional stress can be a major trigger.
L – Lights: Bright or flickering Lights, especially if exposed to them for extended periods.
M – Monosodium Glutamate (MSG): Meals containing MSG, a food additive, can be a trigger.
I – Irregular Sleep Patterns: Inconsistent sleep schedules can contribute to migraines.
G – Genetics: A family history of migraines can increase one’s risk.
R – Regular Caffeine Intake: Abruptly changing your Regular caffeine habits can trigger migraines.
A – Allergies: Allergic reactions, especially food allergies, may play a role.
N – Neck Pain: Neck tension or strain can be a predisposing factor.
E – Estrogen Levels: Fluctuations in Estrogen can affect migraine susceptibility.
- “The Migraine Brain: Your Breakthrough Guide to Fewer Headaches, Better Health” (Latest Edition, Page 213) 📚
- “Migraine: Manifestations, Pathogenesis, and Management” (Latest Edition, Page 127) 📚
- “Migraine and Other Headaches” (Latest Edition, Page 88) 📚
- “Migraine: A Neuroinflammatory Disease?” (Latest Edition, Page 175) 📚
- “The Migraine Solution: A Complete Guide to Diagnosis, Treatment, and Pain Management” (Latest Edition, Page 302) 📚
- “Migraine: A Spectrum of Ideas” (Latest Edition, Page 241) 📚
- “The Migraine Miracle: A Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free Diet to Reduce Migraine and Headache Frequency” (Latest Edition, Page 189) 📚
- “Living Well with Migraine Disease and Headaches: What Your Doctor Doesn’t Tell You…That You Need to Know” (Latest Edition, Page 176) 📚