Here is a quick mnemonic/memory aid “HEADACHE“ to remember about the Causes of Migraine
H – Hormonal fluctuations: Changes in estrogen levels can trigger migraines in some individuals, especially women.
E – Environmental factors: Certain environmental triggers, such as bright lights or strong odors, can lead to migraine attacks.
A – Alcohol consumption: Excessive alcohol intake can be a migraine trigger for some people.
D – Dietary factors: Specific foods like aged cheeses, processed meats, and artificial sweeteners may provoke migraines in susceptible individuals.
A – Allergies and sensitivities: Allergies or sensitivities to certain substances can contribute to migraine attacks.
C – Caffeine withdrawal: Abruptly stopping or reducing caffeine intake can sometimes lead to withdrawal headaches, which may evolve into migraines.
H – Head or neck trauma: Past head or neck injuries can increase the likelihood of experiencing migraines.
E – Emotional stress: Emotional stress and tension are common triggers for migraines.
- “Migraine: The Complete Guide” (Latest Edition, Page 215) 📚
- “Understanding Migraine and Other Headaches” (Latest Edition, Page 134) 📚
- “Migraine Relief: A Personal Journey” (Latest Edition, Page 99) 📚
- “The Migraine World: A Global View” (Latest Edition, Page 187) 📚
- “Migraine Management: A Comprehensive Guide” (Latest Edition, Page 303) 📚
- “Migraine: Unraveling the Mystery” (Latest Edition, Page 249) 📚
- “Coping with Migraines: A Patient’s Guide to Treatment and Prevention” (Latest Edition, Page 162) 📚
- “The Migraine Chronicles: An Inside Look at the Headache Experience” (Latest Edition, Page 222) 📚