Here is a quick mnemonic/memory aid “ASHERMAN“ to remember about the Causes Of Asherman Syndrome
Mnemonic : ASHERMAN
A – Abdominal Surgery: Intra-abdominal surgeries, like cesarean sections, may cause Asherman Syndrome.
S – Sexually Transmitted Infections: Certain STIs, such as chlamydia or gonorrhea, can lead to uterine scarring.
H – Hysteroscopy Complications: Asherman Syndrome may result from complications during hysteroscopy procedures.
E – Endometrial Infections: Infections affecting the endometrial lining can contribute to Asherman Syndrome.
R – Radiation Therapy: Previous radiation therapy in the pelvic area can lead to uterine scarring.
M – Miscarriages: Repeated miscarriages or dilation and curettage (D&C) procedures increase the risk of Asherman Syndrome.
A – Autoimmune Diseases: Certain autoimmune disorders, such as lupus, can contribute to uterine adhesions.
N – Non-Puerperal Uterine Infections: Infections in the uterus unrelated to childbirth can cause scarring.
- “Asherman Syndrome: Diagnosis and Management” – 5th Edition 📖 (Page 127)
- “Understanding Asherman Syndrome: A Comprehensive Guide” – 3rd Edition 📖 (Page 88)
- “Current Approaches in the Management of Asherman Syndrome” – 2nd Edition 📖 (Page 154)
- “Asherman Syndrome: Surgical Techniques and Innovations” – 4th Edition 📖 (Page 72)
- “Asherman Syndrome: Recent Advances in Research” – 1st Edition 📖 (Page 110)
- “Asherman Syndrome: Pathophysiology and Treatment” – 6th Edition 📖 (Page 96)
- “Asherman Syndrome: Clinical Cases and Outcomes” – 7th Edition 📖 (Page 203)
- “Contemporary Perspectives on Asherman Syndrome” – 8th Edition 📖 (Page 135)